I'm on a mission

On March 1st I began a mission to change my life. To be healthier and to look and feel better. I've been overweight most of my life. I feel like everytime I ate something I shouldn't have, like a Burger King sandwich for example, or drank a Dr. Pepper, I added a brick to my wall. Now I am trying to tear that wall down. One Brick at a time. I am on a mission to lose 30 pounds by July 26th and a total of 60 pounds by Christmas 2010. This is my journey...

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

March 2, 2010

Day 2/147
Pounds to go: 29

I LOST A POUND!! WOO-HOO!

Last night after work I had a Jr. High track-parent meeting, then had to get ready for a sorority meeting so in that 20 minutes I was home I had a handful of croutons. ;-) Told you they sounded good. Then at sorority, I passed on the wine and nuts, and ice cream, but did have part of a piece of Connie’s banana cake. It would have been rude to pass that up too, right?? It was really good. I didn’t eat anything when I got home.

This morning I started my day with a bottle of grape juice and then a bottle of the Lipton White Tea. I woke up feeling like I was coming down with a sinus infection/cold or something like that. I kinda have a headache too. The good thing is, I really don’t have an appetite. That definitely helps. I definitely think about food more than I actually need food.

Oh…and the candy lady stopped by work today. She has one bag of stuff that I really like that probably wouldn’t be too bad for me, but she never has it in stock. It’s called Ponderosa Mix. It has dried cranberries, dark chocolate, almonds, and white chocolate. I feel guilty for not buying anything from her, so I figure if she has that in stock I’ll buy some. If she doesn’t, I won’t. Luckily today, she didn’t. Whew.

Went with Tyler to get is bi-weekly allergy shots. We stopped at Western, as we have been doing every Tuesday after his shots, to get him something to drink. I had him get me a Diet Pepsi. For himself, he got a bottle of juice and three rich, creamy, moist, chocolate Twinkies. He offered me one, but I refused. I think I probably gained my pound back just smelling them. Mmmm. I came back to work, and again, walking through the back door smelled cheesy Mexican food. Yesterday it was corn dish…today cheesy enchiladas, what the heck is going on?? There is a refrigerator back there and maybe someone has something in there that is very aromatic. Either that or I have a very interesting psychological issue causing me to smell Mexican food every time I walk into work. Wonder what that is all about???

Now I’m eating an orange. Not quite the same as a rich, chocolate Twinkie, or cheesy enchiladas, but it works.

Went home for lunch and had a can of tuna with a tablespoon of relish and a tablespoon of light mayonnaise. Also had another handful of croutons. :-\ For dessert I had about a 4th cup of glazed walnuts.

Tyler called and needed me to bring him some Benadryl. He had a reaction to his allergy shots today. It looked like there was a baseball under his skin! I had to run him back to the doctor’s office. Lori looked at it and said to take Benadryl and ice it – and to let them know if he has any problems breathing this afternoon. Yikes!! Experiences like that – or like when Tyler had his surgery – really get my adrenalin going. Now I kinda feel like I have a stomach ache. I guess I don’t really know where I’m trying to go with this paragraph or why I have it in my “diet journal” but I guess at the moment it just seemed like a good idea to write it down.

I feel bloated today. WTH?? Maybe because I’m FULL. Could it be? I am drinking a Crystal Light peach/mango drink that is supposed to help speed up metabolism. We’ll see if it works. By the way, I only drank half of the Diet Pepsi and threw the rest away. Good for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment