I'm on a mission

On March 1st I began a mission to change my life. To be healthier and to look and feel better. I've been overweight most of my life. I feel like everytime I ate something I shouldn't have, like a Burger King sandwich for example, or drank a Dr. Pepper, I added a brick to my wall. Now I am trying to tear that wall down. One Brick at a time. I am on a mission to lose 30 pounds by July 26th and a total of 60 pounds by Christmas 2010. This is my journey...

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

March 5, 2010

Day 5/144
Pounds to go: 27

Today I am up three pounds. I really don’t get it. Yesterday after work I had a Special-K granola bar and for dinner I had fish and broccoli/cheese sauce and cottage cheese – and that is all I had. For breakfast this morning I had a pretzel and some grape juice. Hmmm…frustrating.

I’ve had almost a full bottle of the peach/mango tea this morning – maybe that added some weight…I don’t know. I also have on heavy clothes…maybe that has something to do with it. I don’t know. I do know that I’m not going to give up and that I’m really anxious to start exercising. I think that will help. I mean seriously, how can it not. I don’t want to be fat anymore, I want to wear cute clothes and feel good about myself! I want people to like me and not see me as “fat”. I’ve got to figure out a way to make this work.

I think it’s going to be a busy weekend. I have to help with the pee-wee wrestling tournament tomorrow, I have to get that office cleaned, we have Brynna’s birthday party, and there is that wrestling dinner. Working the tournament and cleaning the office will not be a problem for my diet. The birthday party and the dinner could make things interesting. WILL POWER!! Hopefully I’ll get that elliptical machine set up and working this weekend. Oh…and it doesn’t help that I have to make two dozen brownies and a dozen biscuits for the tournament tonight. :-\ This is hard…but it will be worth it. I know it will.

Today was lunch at mom and dad’s with the boys. Dad was grillin Mavericks so Ryan wanted to go too. I had a hamburger with cheese and ham on it but no bacon or bun. I cut it up into lots of pieces and then added lots of tomatoes, onions, and pickles. I did not add ketchup or mustard. I had one French fry. The iced tea was awesome! Always a sign that spring is coming!

I’m having a Diet Coke this afternoon. LaDan has her apple scented candle burning, so I’m sure before long I will break down and eat my apple. I hope it tastes as good as her candle smells!

No comments:

Post a Comment