I'm on a mission

On March 1st I began a mission to change my life. To be healthier and to look and feel better. I've been overweight most of my life. I feel like everytime I ate something I shouldn't have, like a Burger King sandwich for example, or drank a Dr. Pepper, I added a brick to my wall. Now I am trying to tear that wall down. One Brick at a time. I am on a mission to lose 30 pounds by July 26th and a total of 60 pounds by Christmas 2010. This is my journey...

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

March 8, 2010

Day 8/141
Pounds to go: 26

What a weekend! Friday night I had to make 2 batches of brownies and 2 dozen biscuits for the pee-wee wrestling tournament. I did not have ONE bite of either one and I think it was the first time in my life I didn’t lick the bowl! Saturday I got up at 5:15 and was at the school ready to help set up for the sorority concessions by 6:00. Unfortunately, no one else showed up until 6:20. (eyeroll) I worked in the kitchen until 9:00 and then went down and worked bout sheets until the tournament ended at 1:00. I took a Special K bar and ate that instead of biscuits and grave and juicy burgers. Saturday afternoon I ran errands – got Brynna’s birthday present and a new microwave – and then Dad, Jeff, Tyler and Ryan moved the new HUGE elliptical machine into our basement. Oh my goodness…it is hard! Either that or I’m REALLY out of shape. ;-) So Saturday night I tried it out... I started out doing one minute increments. …I’m serious…it’s HARD. I would do one minute on…a couple of minute off…one minute on…a couple of minutes off. I only did it about 5 times. I want to get to the point where I can just get on and go and go and go.

On Sunday I got up and had a pretzel for breakfast and some Crystal Light Ruby Red juice. I tried cleaning up the house a little bit. I took a shower and got dressed, dried my hair, put makeup on and then fell asleep on the couch. I had the slows all day. We went to Brynna’s birthday party at 3:00. I had some vegetables and a little piece of cake. After that I went and cleaned the office. I got home a little after 7:00 and had a salad and a pretzel. I really didn’t each much of anything all weekend. I only lost one pound over the weekend which is kinda frustrating, but it’s better than gaining one I guess.

I hope this week I can get serious about the elliptical and hopefully my new exercise videos will come in and I can start trying them. Exercise has got to be the key because being sedentary sure isn’t doing anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment