I'm on a mission

On March 1st I began a mission to change my life. To be healthier and to look and feel better. I've been overweight most of my life. I feel like everytime I ate something I shouldn't have, like a Burger King sandwich for example, or drank a Dr. Pepper, I added a brick to my wall. Now I am trying to tear that wall down. One Brick at a time. I am on a mission to lose 30 pounds by July 26th and a total of 60 pounds by Christmas 2010. This is my journey...

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

March 4, 2010

Day 4/145
Pounds to go: 24

WTH!?! I stepped on the scale this morning and I’ve lost SIX (yes, 6!) pounds! I have no idea how that happened, but it did! I’m using the digital scale at work and the last number has gone from an 8 to a 7 to a 2!

Yesterday the Schwan’s man came so I ordered a bag of the Mediterranean Vegetables and a bag of the soft pretzels. I’ll tell you what…those pretzels can really take care of a salt craving. And for only 190 calories, they are very filling, and totally worth it.

So anyway I had the vegetables with some chicken breast for dinner and some cottage cheese (yes, with a little bit of sugar). Then I had a pretzel with a little bit of salt and a little bit of cream cheese. I think once I can break the habit of the “extras” (sugar / salt / cream cheese, etc…) that will really help.

Today I’ve had a banana and another pretzel with 1 Tbsp of cream cheese. I have also had two bottles of the Crystal Light peach/mango metabolism drink. YUM. I’m not feeling hungry at all and it’s already 11:45. Not sure yet what I’ll do for lunch. Hmmm.

As I was pulling into my driveway, I was feeling hungry. Tummy hungry – not mind hungry. I do believe there is a difference. I had some kind of Asian Lean Cuisine – it was ok, but not my favorite. I also had half an avocado and five olives. I drank most of a bottle of Crystal Light – the one with extra fiber. Now I feel totally full! I brought an apple back to work with me in case the urge hits me to eat something this afternoon. I used to bring sleeves of Ritz crackers, or baggies of cookies, so this is definitely an improved habit I am forming.

I also ordered a couple of exercise DVD’s today. I got Jillian Michael’s ‘Shred’ video, a Yoga for beginners by Bob from The Biggest Loser and one other one that came in the set. I also got a pedometer. I got all of that for $30. That is probably the amount of money I will save over the next couple of weeks by not eating out. Fair trade if you ask me. I am also getting an elliptical machine from dad this weekend. That ought to be an experience! I’m actually pretty pumped about it. I know it will be hard because I’ve tried it before, but I really want to make it work. My goal is to start small and work up to an hour a day – at least four times a week. I think having it right in front of the TV will help – a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment